Thursday 29 October 2015

My Second Gold Coin - Victoria Half Sovereign

Hi

I was lucky enough to have found my second gold coin last year and as I have not posted for a few years, there is a few finds worth posting.

I was totally gobsmacked as the field was not producing much that day and the only thing I found within a few hours was a Victoria Sixpence and as I never rarely know what I am digging, this came as a total shock.

The Half Sovereign is in quite good condition considering it has been in a ploughed field for over a 100 years, so both finds from that day are one the one picture. The Farmer allowed me to keep the coin, but i made sure he got half the value of it, maybe a bit more a price of gold differs.



The Silver sixpence is in much of a worse state considering that both are over 100 years old.

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments: