Wednesday 28 October 2015

Two Silvers From a Metal Detecting Club Rally

Hi

I found these two silver coins at a rally in June, I know it is not all about silver but as I have not had that many great other finds this year, I have been lucky to find a few silver.

The left one is a Elizabeth 1st Sixpence dated 1571 and the right one is a William III from 1696.  Normally most William coins found are turned into want we call love tokens, they are rubbed down and bent into a S shaped and are given to partner to confuse your love for them.




For those who don't know with every new King and Queen the next ruler will face the opposite way on the coin.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely little silvers you got there Liam! I didn't know that the succeeding monarch always faced in the opposite direction to the previous one! it's true, You do learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That always stuck in my mind when somebody told me about it about the Monarchs. The other one is if you get all the coins from like 2008 and you put them together they make a big shield.

      Weird how stuff sticks when told about it.

      Atb.

      Liam.

      Delete