Tuesday 16 January 2018

Last finds of 2017

Hi

Below are the last two finds for me from 2017, my back gave way at the start of November and these was found a week before I did my back in, so after that I did not go detecting till this year.

The Hammered coin on the left is in a worn state and I was unsure if it was until I got home and cleaned it, I can only assume that it is probably a Elizabeth 1st sixpence as they are the most common hammered. The other side has nothing left on it.

The right item with the 4 holes in it, is Egyptian design but for what purpose I am unsure, it has either a seated Pharaoh or God on a throne and the same image is on both sides.  I have always loved Egypt and have been lucky to have been a few times so as a last find for 2017, it's a great one.



Again thanks for visiting and I am hoping it will be a good year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment