Tuesday 16 January 2018

Last Finds from handed back Permission

Hi

I found these over the summer on a field where it all started for me, the field has been good to me and has given me loads of coppers and a few hammered coins and silver coins over the last 6 years of detecting.  I get just over a month on this field before it is seeded again and these are the last finds from it.

At Christmas when I dropped the farmer his unusual xmas presents I decided to hand back the permission so the field could recover and hopefully there will be something their for the next explorer as finds was getting more and more sparse each visit.  It was a great time to have that field but should now go to somebody else one day.

As you can see from the picture there is a silver sixpence and also a Roman brooch plus what looks like a Royal Artillery Badge and also a couple of coppers. A fitting end to a great farm and field.



Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment